Tuesday, December 13, 2011

How to retrieve accidentally overwritten content in my blog

Necessity is the father of invention!!

Today I feel, I tried something out of the box for a solution I need and here I share it with my readers.

I worked hard on my third blog BUS#356 V, edited and edited, red many times and just before posting in social networks called up one of my close friend to review. Upon receiving nice feedback, I posted and was doing my final touch up. I was working on my friend's brand new Apple laptop the functionality of which is awesome but sophisticated as well. I ended up in deleting the content of my blog without any backup.

My friends started calling me up to tell me that my blog is blank. I go broke on realizing that all my work is gone within a second. I was getting more hits into my site and everyone could see only blank page. Only option I have is to write it again but still it cant be in its original form as I have spent too much time on that.

I started googling for any options to retrieve my overwritten data. I can find only for deleted one, but not for overwritten files in blog site. Then I started looking into the history. But that too goes in vain. The browsing history has all the urls, but as it says "All Roads Lead To Venice", all the history urls upon clicking on that will take me to my blogsite where I can see only blank content which was latest update saved in the web.

I sat for some time not knowing what to do. I start setting up my mind for writing the entire thing once again, then work and rework on it. I made up my mind.

Suddenly the thought came to mind, what if I hit the history URL which I havent touched and dont allow the system to get the data from web. Will I get the page which I visited?

Didnt waited for a second thought, I pulled out the network cable hastly. Searched for the list of history. Selected the one which I havent touched after this data loss and hit.

I got my data which need only slight changes which I have done after my friends review.


In future, if this can be useful to atleast one, I will be happy.

Please don't forget to leave me a comment, if you are reading this for a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment